Other Places to Find Legal Help and Information
Connecticut’s Free Legal Information Resources:
Statewide Legal Services provides free advice for low-income people with legal problems in Connecticut. You can call (800) 453-3320 or apply for help here.
Connecticut’s Legal Aid programs created CTLawHelp.org to help people with very low income find help for their legal problems. You can find legal information and tools to help you represent yourself.
Are you going to court without a lawyer? Take a few minutes to play the game, RePresent. You will learn:
- what to do ahead of time to get ready,
- what happens in court,
- how to present evidence, and
- how to cross-examine the other person.
2-1-1 is Connecticut’s free telephone information and referral service. They have information for over 4,600 health and human service providers in Connecticut. It is available 24 hours a day and 365 days per year. TDD access is available. The website is www.infoline.org or call 2-1-1.
Lawyer Referral Service:
You can contact your local Lawyer Referral Service. Lawyer Referral Services generally charge a small fee for making the referral. If you hire a private attorney through this service, then you will need to work out his/her further fees.
- New Haven County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service: Call 203-562-5750.
- Fairfield County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service: Call 203-335-4116.
- Hartford County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service: Call 860-525-6052.
- New London County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service: Call 860-889-9384.